Compass Publishing brings Frances Hodgson Burnett's moving tale of healing and redemption to its line of Compass Classic Readers. English language learners of all ages will enjoy developing their vocabulary and reading fluency as they read about a hidden garden inspiring transformations in the sickly young Mary, the grieving Archibald Craven, and the lonely Colin. Students and teachers alike will be inspired by this children's classic of hope transcending personal tragedy.
Compass Classic Readers provide beginning and intermediate English language learners accessible adaptations of the greatest works of literature. Carefuly designed to retell the stories using vocabulary and sentence structure appropriate for one of six different grade levels.
- Carefully graded, retold-stories using appropriate vocabulary and sentence structure
- Motivating full-color illustrations
- Discussion questions before and after each chapter
- A glossary of key vocabulary words
- A short playlet for fun classroom activities
- An MP3 CD of the full story
- A companion workbook is available separately