Compass Publishing brings a selection of landmark stories that have helped to shape American literature to its line of Compass Classic Readers. English language learners of all ages will enjoy developing their vocabulary and reading fluency as they read about Maggie and the dances sponsored by Clover Leaf Social Club, the celebrated frog of Calaveras County, and the outcasts of Poker Flat along with other stories by Washington Irving, Nathanial Hawthorne, Sarah Orne Jewett, Jack London and James Fenimore Cooper.
- Carefully graded, retold-stories using appropriate vocabulary and sentence structure
- Discussion questions before and after each chapter
- A glossary of key vocabulary words
- A short playlet for fun classroom activities
- An MP3 CD of the full story
- A companion workbook is available separately