Compass Publishing brings Robert Louis Stevenson's gripping tale of the reseved Dr. Jekyll and the terrifying Mr. Hyde to its line of Compass Classic Readers. English language learners of all ages will enjoy developing their vocabulary and reading fluency as they read about Mr. Utterson's investigations into the secrets of Dr. Jekyll, and how the strange newcomer Mr. Hyde threatens to destroy everything in his path. Students and teachers alike will be intrigued by this captivating tale of the good doctor and his final experiment which will confront the darker side of humanity.
Compass Classic Readers provide beginning and intermediate English language learners accessible adaptations of the greatest works of literature. Carefuly designed to retell the stories using vocabulary and sentence structure appropriate for one of six different grade levels.
- Carefully graded, retold-stories using appropriate vocabulary and sentence structure
- Motivating full-color illustrations
- Discussion questions before and after each chapter
- A glossary of key vocabulary words
- A short playlet for fun classroom activities
- An MP3 CD of the full story
- A companion workbook is available separately